Cupertino, CA (PRWEB)
May 01, 2017
Prizmo Go is an innovative app that lets the user take a picture of printed text and then recognizes it using optical character recognition (OCR) technology, avoiding the frustration of retyping it on screen. Part of said text can then be selected directly from the photo by swiping through it. Users can then interact with it or just copy/paste it to other apps or to the Mac.
Recognized text can be edited within the application, or read aloud with built-in speech synthesis. Information detected in the text such as website addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, QR codes, or physical addresses can be specifically activated.
Blind and visually impaired users can also take full advantage of Prizmo Go, as not only does it propose extensive support for VoiceOver but it also brings specific features such as pre-shooting instructions, automatic angle correction, and automatic text-to-speech playback.
Other features include:
Real-time, augmented-reality inspired text highlighting in camera preview
- Innovative image stabilization (sharpness tracking)
- QR code recognition
- Copy/paste to the Mac with Universal Clipboard
- Spoken guidance prior to actual shooting
- Built-in OCR in 10 languages (no internet connection required)
- Cloud OCR option in 22 languages, including Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and Arabic.
- Automation features: Action extension, Apple Workflow compatibility (callback URL), Open In.
- Optimized for iOS 10, 3D Touch Quick Actions & haptic feedback, iPad Multitasking (Slide Over / Split View)
Pricing and Availability
Prizmo Go is available worldwide as a free app on the App Store and is localized in 16 languages. The application can be tried out, but access to text is…