Algerian winger’s future is in limbo as Serie A side refuse to up their offer while the Premier League Foxes continue to play hardball.
RIYAD MAHREZ’S move from Leicester City to Roma remains in limbo after the Serie A giants told Leicester they will not increase their offer.
The Italian side’s director of football Monchi has told the Foxes they will not go any higher than the £32million bid this week.
Monchi said earlier this week: “In the last press conference I said we had bid what we believe to be a fair offer, which is also the biggest in the club’s history. We won’t bid again.
“We’ve conducted ourselves in the right way by talking to Leicester City.
“Now the ball is in their court.”
He added: “We’re waiting for an answer. We’re working on other options but we’re relaxed given our squad is 90 per cent complete.”
Leicester manager Craig Shakespeare was quizzed on Mahrez’s future on Wednesday.
He said: “He’s been very focused and driven. He hasn’t given me one problem where I’ve had to take him to one side and say, ‘Oi, pull your finger out’.
“The commitment and energy levels in terms of training, and the respect that you should give your team-mates, has all been there.
“He’s had a professional attitude.