Lake City, Colo. (PRWEB)
May 11, 2017
Green Builder Media announces the release of the spring issue of CodeWatcher, a quarterly publication designed to keep building pros on top of the ever-evolving world of building and energy codes, with the goal of using codes as a pathway to moving new homes to net zero ready.
“With buildings representing 40 percent of carbon emissions, it’s imperative that we move to adopting tried-and-true building practices that work,” says Ron Jones, Code Warrior and co-founder of Green Builder Media. “This issue of CodeWatcher highlights the products and projects that show how this can be done.”
Issue highlights include:
Health Upsides of Home Energy Efficiency Measures. New research on how home energy efficiency and health benefits go hand in hand.
- Better Than Code: Building officials need to familiarize themselves with this new substrate and textured acrylic finish system as an alternative to stucco.
- Cross Border Standout. This New York builder is on a winning streak, delivering ultra-low HERS scores and happy home owners. Check out his winning -11 HERS score custom home from the Cross Border Challenge.
- The Power of the Paper Lobby. An inside look at how voting guides impact building code adoption.
- The State of Building Performance. A rundown of the annual RESNET Building Performance Conference, including winners of the Cross Border Challenge.
- Energy Code Minute. Here’s the final word on installing thermal barriers in crawlspaces over spray foam.
CodeWatcher inaugural sponsors include LP Building Products http://lpcorp.com/ and the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO)